Monday, March 2, 2015

"Ciudad Juares es Numero 1" (por Juan Gabriel)

So the title of this email describes my feelings towards Juarez. I love this place. Just like Juan Gabriel said in his hit song, Juarez really is la frontera mas fabulosa y bella del muuunndo. I´ve only been here for 6 short weeks and I love it here. Even though I hear gun shots and police at night, I've never felt safer as a servant of the Lord. 

But as much as I love Juarez, the president thinks it's time for me to go. Today is the last day of the cycle and I have transfers. But you guys will be so proud of me. Because remember Dublan, the place of my dreams when I was in Casas Grandes? Well you'll never guess it but I'M GOING TO DUBLAN!! And that's not even the cool part. I'M GOING TO BE A SENOR COMPANION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. And that's still not the cool part. The cool part is I'M GOING TO BE A DISTRICT LEADER. So yeah that's about all the big news. I'm going to Dublan as District Leader, so I'm stoked. Even though I'm super stressed because I haven't even been a senior companion yet... But whatever. I know that the Lord called me for this so he will help me. My new companions name is Elder Riding and he is from Payson, Utah. Maybe Grandma and Grandpa St. John know him. But I'm super excited to meet him but super sad to leave Frontera 3 (my old area) and especially Elder Mellado. He is the best. 

This week was pretty normal. Sorry if I scared you about the gun shot stuff but I thought it would be fine because I'm going to like the safest place in my mission and I will be fine. But keep me in your prayers so that I can be a good leader and won't lose all my hair from stress.. because I think I'm already going bald... But I'm in love with this work and I love being a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Love you all and I wish you the best week this week.

Love, 
Elder San Juan

3 comments:

  1. Oh my dear Spencer. I am so proud of you and so excited that your Mission President recognizes that you are exceptional. I also know that the Lord will help you in anything you are asked to do because it is His work and you are willing to do His will. You are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer this is so AWESOME!!!! What an amazing challenge and responsibility you have in front of you--you are totally up for it and will be amazing. They are so lucky to have you and you will grow and learn so much. Keep up the good work!!

    Love,
    Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! We pray for you daily--I guess we'll have to add the hair part in ;). Nothing more fun than serving The Lord!

    ReplyDelete