Monday, July 4, 2016

Week Two in Saint Rose

So It's been a week since I got here to Santa Rosa, and I like it here a lot! It has a lot of hills and it's pretty high up.  If you ever look at pictures of Ciudad Juarez there is a mountian that says "La Biblia es verdadera Leala".  It's written in big letters on the mountain.  I'm basically right under that.  It's soo cool here, and the food is delicious.  I'm trying to load up on enchiladas and mole before I go home so that I don't miss it soo much.

But the highlights of this week are: 

Contacting, a lot. We are always looking for those new investigators. 

DIvisions, I went with Elder Lenis to an area called Mauricio Corridor, an even more hilly area.  It was soo pretty, you could see El Paso from the house and it was beautiful. But we had some funny experiences in divisons, like a guy looked at his wrist and said, "Well it's time for me to go."  And he left.  But the funny part was that he wasn't even wearing a watch.  And he stared at his wrist like 3 seconds flat.. Lol But we also contacted this girl in her house and she wouldn't let go of my hand and stared at me the whole contact.  And when I shook her hand to say goodbye she WOULDN'T let go of it so I had to pry her hand off of mine. Also we went to a store to go to the bathroom and on the way out this crazy old woman grabbed my arm and started asking me if I lived in the white house and if I was related to Obama.  So lots of weird things happend on Friday and Saturday.  But it was really fun. 

Another funny thing about being in Mexico right now is that people always bug me about Donald Trump. Many think I'm related to him and many just complain to me about him, and the funny part is that I probably know less about him than anyone else.  So it's pretty weird.  But if you thought racism was dead, it isn't, because everyone stares at me and calls me gabacho, I think it just means white person but its pretty funny. I love Mexico.

Anyway, that's about it for this week, just thought I'd share with you some of what goes on in my everyday life here in Mexico. 

Love,
Elder St John

1 comment:

  1. Crazy experiences this week!! I'm excited to have you back home safe and sound on American soil soon, but love that you are in a beautiful place to end your mission. Enjoy to the end!

    ReplyDelete