Monday, August 17, 2015

I'M GONNA BE A DAD!



Just the coolest pic of the Book of Mormon. 
They call these bullets Mata Policia, because they go through flak jackets.
We found them right outside the chuch, cool huh?

You will all be so proud of me. This week was the last week of the cycle and that means... changes. And Elder Lopez is leaving to be a district leader.  I'm so proud of him; I taught him so much. But in his place is coming my new companion, Elder De Olarte. And he is fresh out of the MTC, he gets here today, and I will pick him up in the offices tomorrow! SO I will be a trainer! And to explain the title, when someone is training the new Elder is his son, and the trainer is called his Dad. So, I hope you don't think I'm actually going to have a kid....   


But I'm super excited to train, but I'm also pretty nervous to be with someone who has 0 expierience as a missonary! So I will teach him everything. But it will also be pretty cool, because I've never trained before and I've alwas wanted to! Just keep me in your prayers. 

This was a normal week, but with a lot of service. Two families changed houses in the ward and we helped them move and prepare the houses for the move in. I also had a pretty big learning experience here too. We went to do service for a really poor family of investigators from the sisters. We helped them clean the yard, but I went in the house to change and it was something that really made me feel for the people here becuase these people hardly had anything.  The ward I'm in right now is a ward full of lots of Rich, well-off families and I had almost forgotton what the situation was like here for some people. That day really opened my eyes, and made me learn that service helps you love everybody. 

I love you all and am grateful for your support! I hope you enjoy this letter!! 

Love,
Elder St John


Me and Elder Lopez being Mexicans. (Yes a bought a poncho. Best thing ever.) 

1 comment:

  1. Great letter! Your new "son" is a very lucky Elder to have you as his trainer. I hope it will be a great experience for both of you. And I LOVE your poncho. I have one I wear to church in the Winter because it feels like a warm blanket but is more socially acceptable. PS--I have a Chihuahua named Gracie and she makes me think of you in her homeland. :)

    ReplyDelete