Monday, April 25, 2016

Words From Elder St. John - Birthday Edition

SO yesterday was my birthday and I'm now 20 years old, and as they say in my country "ya estoy rufles" so I'm old now. And i feel soo.. normal... guess that I'm still the same.  I was actually pretty disappointed when I didn't wake up with a beard and a deeper voice... so I guess I'm not very good at aging (I forgot how to spell that sorry).  But I guess that's okay so that you can all recognize me when I get home.. 

This week was a good one. I got to eat cake yesterday, and I got to speak in church also so that was fun too. And I also got transfers for my birthday, so after some of my best months here in Casas Grandes I will be moving to the big city of Ciudad Juarez in my new ward Haciendas.  I will be District Leader, and my companion is Elder Evans who I don't know but I have heard that he will be fun. So I am very excited, but it is sad, for this may be the last day I'm in Casas Grandes, a small town that I have learned to love. Well out of the 20 months of my mission I have served in Casas Grandes for 15 months.. So you could say that it's been good. I will miss very much all the great people that I've met, and I will miss smelling like dust all the time. But as all good things do, my time here had to come to an end, and the big city is calling me.

But if you want to know how my week was this week you can read my letter from last week, because I feel like I say the same things every weekk... We contacted, we taught and we had fun. But we did have a cool experience when we visited one of our investigators and she had told us that she was fasting that day. It really impressed me to see that she was truly acting with faith to recieve an answer. I hope that the next missionaries that come to Libertad will find out what happens to her so that I will know, but it was still a good story. 

Well I think that's all for today.  I hope you all have a great week.  Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday! Have a good day!

Love,
Elder St John

1 comment:

  1. First, happy birthday, and second: This is BIG news!!! I hope you love being a DL in Ciudad Juarez and that it turns out to be a wonderful way to finish out your mission. Be safe out there, and enjoy!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete