Monday, July 13, 2015

Ciudad Juarez Round 2

So I´m back in Juarez, the best city ever. And my new area is great! It has paved roads, parks with grass, and it even has a big river, even though the water is brown but it's still a river. I do miss the little town of Lomas at times, but Juarez needs me. 

So this week I just got to know the area and my new companion and all the other great things in Juarez. I even got to go back to my old area, Frontera, because that's where the zone leaders are and I had to go give them some things. And that was also really cool! The ward here is pretty small, but it's a really cool ward because there are two American families and one family from Russia. Crazy right? Also, the ward right after our ward is the presidents ward, so that's another interesting thing. 

But our house is also the mission's storage, so we have a ton of beds, books, microwaves, heaters, fans, chairs.  We have everything. So the house is nice.  The only problem is that it gets super hot in the house... 

But this week we had a pretty cool experience doing service with a part member family.  We helped them clean out their garage and we found some cool stuff cleaning it out.  But the best part is that they went to church the next day! That was super cool. 

Another cool thing about our area is a man named Garret. He lives here for his work but is from Utah.  He even has family in Kaysville. But he goes to El Paso every week and brings us American food and it's the best thing ever. He is my new best friend from the ward. 

 But that's all from the week. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder St John

No comments:

Post a Comment